Why should I choose MadBee Website Design?
Three words: fast, affordable, experienced.
I design websites exclusively with WordPress because it’s so easy to use. Once it’s set up, anyone can easily add content of any kind, including text, images, audio and video.
I create a custom theme based on specific questions, then install the necessary plug-ins that YOU need for YOUR site. Your website will not only reflect YOUR personality, but will attract more potential customers and spotlight YOUR services and/or products to a “T”!
Many websites you visit on a daily basis are powered by WordPress. FORD, NASA, Harvard, Wall Street Journal, UPS, New York Times and Kobe Bryant just to name a few. This is a just a partial list; a more comprehensive list can be found at Dynamic Web Technologies
I’m not familiar with WordPress, can you help me?
Once we’ve begun your project I will answer any questions you have and walk you through the basics. I also provide text files of specific tutorials and links to helpful websites.
WordPress.org is a great place to find answers, I encourage you to look it over. The site offers help on how to work with WordPress. If you’re still having a hard time after you’ve reviewed the suggested links and tutorials, I’ll be more than happy to help. Of course, I must charge for my time, but I do offer reduced rates for current clients.
How do I get started?
- Read my terms of service
- Fill in the design request form. If I decide we’re a good fit I’ll email you a proposal that outlines your project and estimates the time frame for completion (most projects can be launched within 7-28 business days).
- Upon approval of the proposal you will pay your design fee and supply me with the content – pictures, logos, etc. – required for your project. Payment (in full or in part) will constitute a contract between us.
- You’ll pick your theme (you can purchase a premium theme, choose from several premium designs that I have on hand or even choose a free theme from WordPress.com), supply me with your logo and I’ll install the theme on my test site and customize it using your specs.
- You will be able to work with the test site until it’s customized to your approval and you’re comfortable working with it yourself. Your site doesn’t go live until you’re happy with it and comfortable with taking care of it yourself.
- Due to my low prices, you will have only TWO major revisions to the design, so please makes notes about what you like and don’t like and what you want changed. Multiple, “move-it-up-a-bit” changes and numerous, minor text changes cannot be accommodated unless you are willing to pay for the extra time.
- Upon approval of the final version of the website, you will need to pay all remaining project fees and I will set up your domain name and web hosting (if it was included in your package) or upload your new design to your current hosting.
- Once a design is agree upon and installed on your server, the original contract between JLReis Web Design and the client is complete. Any additional work will be completed at my regular $40/hr rate or via a new quote, ie: additional plugins, buttons, banners, fixing damaged coding, etc.
- Installation will not be completed until full payment has been received.
What is it going to cost me? I have a very low budget, what can you do for me?
JLReis Web Design offers three packages to accomodate almost any budget – please see my Services page.
For those with a small start-up budget, I offer a Business Card Site for only $150. Your design choices are limited, but the cost IS lower and you have a professional foot in the door.
How do I pay?
I currently accept payment through Paypal only, unless prior arrangements have been made. I can send you an invoice, or you can click the “Pay Now” link that corresponds to the package you wish to purchase and follow the directions. Paypal is secure and payments can be made via almost any major credit card, debit card, or bank account.
After my website goes live, how much will it cost to update it?
MadBee Website Design makes minor changes free of charge to your website for as long as you are a client! Minor changes include, but aren’t limited to, minor text changes, adding links, updating your WordPress core and plug-ins when necessary, etc. Anything more than a minor change is subject to JLReis Web Design’s hourly rate.
The following are considered to be more than a minor change:
- Creating additional pages
- Altering the design of your website (this includes header design changes, logo design changes, changes to the layout of the theme, etc.)
- Moving your site to a new hosting provider, or moving your domain registration to a new registrar
- Creating databases via you hosting control panel
- Setting up any additional plug-ins and or scripts not included in your original design request form
However, since WordPress is so easy to work with, you will most likely be able to make most updates yourself!
Can I update the website on my own?
I include links to specific tutorials and helpful websites throughout your WordPress Dashboard.
If a client chooses to take care of their own site, I will assume that they either have the knowledge to do so, or they will learn elsewhere. I would love to be able to give in-depth instruction on how to do every thing associated with taking care of your website, but with the sheer number of clients I work with on a daily basis, it would be impossible.
WordPress.org is a great place to find answers, I encourage you to look it over. Once we’ve begun your project I will answer any questions you have and walk you through the basics. I also include links to specific tutorials and helpful websites throughout your WordPress Dashboard. WordPress.org is a great place to find answers, I encourage you to look it over. The site offers help on how to work with WordPress. If you’re still having a hard time after you’ve reviewed the suggested links and tutorials, I’ll be more than happy to help. Of course, I must charge for my time, but I do offer reduced rates for current clients.
How long before my site goes live?
That depends on how quickly you get your content to me, the number of revisions you need on your initial design, my current workload and how quickly you answer my emails. The estimated time frame for most projects is 7-28 business days, based on my current project list.
Do you offer refunds if I am not satisfied with your work?
JLReis Web Design works very closely with each client to provide unique, high quality and functional design that is within a client’s budget, timeline and requested project description. Due to the digital nature of this business, no refunds will be given. There are no exchanges or refunds for any reason, before or after products/services have been delivered/templates customized and installed.
Who owns my website?
You own it. I retain the right to use a link to your website and an image of your website in any current or future portfolios as a representation of my work.